Blocking Animation and Latency

Problem you’re trying to solve
I experience a long latency when pressing Q to block in-game. I think the game might check when the attack begins to see if the player is blocking not at the time of the attack hit, or at least the animation of the attack hitting. I have clearly been blocking when the attack animation hits, but I still take damage.

I also feel like it would be nice to have a blocking icon or indicator. If you are in the middle of 20 mobs it is impossible to see if you are blocking since there is no on-screen indicator.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
I think the latency is too long when trying to tank as a quantum using blocking. I have died many times due to this latency as well as not being able to tell if I am blocking. Partly because the latency is so long that I think the game did not receive the input so I have to release and re-press Q to block causing death.

I really enjoyed how the blocking was pre this recent patch, it felt good. I think more iteration needs to be done on this mechanic.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
Fix the latency to be shorter or adjust when damage is calculated (assuming its when the attack is initiated not when it lands).

** IF YOU WANT TO POST MULTIPLE FEEDBACK ITEMS IN THE SAME POST, USE THE PROPER FORMAT **