Chrono Staves Need a Buff

Problem you’re trying to solve
Using a staff is part of the core Chronomancy fantasy, but the end game meta for chronos will almost always incentive players to use a 1H + Shield combo. This is because once you have enough skill points, intelligence, and energy - your rotation can consist of only using spells without needing to auto attack at all. Currently 1H and shield has better stats than a staff, and the roll is better, so theres no point in using a staff after around level 20.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
This doesn’t feel right - Even if I am not using the staff auto attack (which is fine), I want to use a staff for cosmetic purposes to satisfy the chrono/mage fantasy. I don’t like being pigeonholed into a 1h + shield at higher levels for better stats at the expense of cosmetic appearance.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
Add high primary stats to staves so its incentivized to use as a stat stick comparable to 1H + Shield (this is how it works in WoW)

4 Likes

I think you should be able to do the first aoe combo mid-air and just give that combo the barrel roll animation as if it’s striking the ground. Right now you just do a useless swing.