Group Chat is currently unreliable as a means of communication in game

Problem you’re trying to solve
Group Chat is currently unreliable as a means of communication in game.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel

1. Group Chat stops working without any warning or indication. Only way to know is by trying to type in group chat and wait to see if it shows up in the group chat window. Sometimes it does this for all players in the group, sometimes it only does this for some group members, sometimes when a new person is added later. Group chat is the only means of communication when not playing with friends in voice, so group chat really needs to work correctly.

2. Overall Chat window disappears a few seconds after a message or after clicking on it. During combat, players don’t always have time to immediately read group chat. Since it disappears so quickly it is easy to miss and could be very important.

3. Group Chat tab (when it is working) is only visible while in a group. If you leave the group or are removed from the group, it immediately disappears. The Group Chat tab should still be visible even when not in group so it can be reviewed. If someone was being a real jerk, I want to be able to identify them and add them to my block list. If someone was a stellar player, I would add them to my friends list (if it was a feature).

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience

1. Fix group chat so it doesn’t randomly stop working.

2. Overall Chat window with Group chat tab should always remain visible, not just for a few seconds after a message or click focus on it. This could/should be a user option.

3. The Group Chat tab should be visible even when not in group. Group Chat tab should not disappear once you leave a group, it should remain so it can be reviewed after leaving group.

3 Likes