Insane GPU/CPU use when game is running?

Hey, is it just me or is there anyone else with this issue?
Every time I launch the game the GPU/CPU and whatnot suddenly shoot in 100% overdrive and I feel like my PC turns into a mining rig.

1 Like

Obviously they wont answer this kind of topic :rofl:

Why wouldn’t we answer this kind of topic?

What are your system specs?

1 Like

I monitored the resources the game uses and it only negatively affects the CPU. It’s got 4 cores multi threaded to 8, all 8 cores go to 100%, although the game runs the same if i force it to use 2-4 cores instead of all of them, but then again it uses those at 100% as well. I limited the FPS to 60 in nvidia control panel along with other performance tweaks so it doesn’t require all the juice out of my system, but i don’t know what else to do for the CPU. The game doesn’t seem to require using the CPU at max cap, but it does so anyway.

Specs:
WIN 10x 64
Corsair Force GS SSD, 128GB, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s (OS drive)
Corsair Force GT SSD, 240GB, 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s (game installed here)
i7 Haswell 4C i7-4771 3.5GHz, s.1150, 8MB, 22nm, 1.5V
GTX 1060 6GB
Corsair DDR3 2133MHz, 4x8 GB (32 GB), 11-11-11-27 (running only at 1333MHz because i’m a doofus and the voltage is incompatible with the CPU)
MB: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H-CF

Let me know if you need anything else.

Is there an .ini file we can configure?

@Buck Just curious if there are plans to add more options for players struggling with performance to reduce the settings so the game runs faster. From my experience making a 3D mmorpg in Unity, the best way was to reduce the clipping plane (the distance you can see). This pretty much solves all performance issues because your computer has to render much less when they can’t see as far. I don’t know if there are options for that in the Unreal Engine, but this setting alone would solve performance issues for pretty much everyone I think. Other options could be Particle Effects Low/Medium/High etc. I assume the team would add this if it was possible, just haven’t heard back on if it can be done or not. Just curious!

-Blazo

Because they don’t answer in general

I’m sure there will eventually be other options. Typically comes later in the dev process. I was not running into any performance issues.

It looks like you are at the bottom of the min-specs on vid card. Expect performance improvements as we get further along.

1 Like