Level requirements

I would like to bring 3 elements related to level requirements

Problem you’re trying to solve
Level requirements on equipment are good but not that much

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
I believe level requirements on equipment exist everywhere because it is a working system, and I believed that BT would reach such a position (which is great). the new system of Pocket Watch level requirements (not Rank) is in my opinion too demanding and not rewarding enough. I believe that a player who grinds his rank level should have this reflected more in his next pocket watch, so that, the player will be keen to restart over and over again.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience

Idea 1:
Transform level requirements from equipment to rank requirements. A player that has grinded up to rank 60+ should not feel put down by restarting a pocket watch (T6+) with T0 starting gear. The rank is what defines the effort a player has put over all his timelines and should be rewarded for doing so.

Idea 2:
This idea is a ‘smoother’ version of idea 1 if you believe it was too direct. let the player wear equipment with a level up to his Rank but ‘nerf’ the equipment to his pocket watch level. In that situation, the equipment can become ‘heritage’ equipment that grows alongside you during your new timeline. the ‘nerf’ could be as simple as a percentage of the original stats based on the level difference between the equipment level and pocket watch level

It is great to force players to go through the whole content rather than rush to the end in a day or two, however, once a player has reached the end game by following the right steps, he should be allowed to go through it again without feeling bad

Equipment stats requirements are too demanding

I personally find that the equipment are asking for too much stats to be able to wear them and it can be off-putting for new players at first. However, I also believe that it gives too much information to new players on how to continue, and what stats to increase. Players should discover and try things out. Also, it may be difficult for a low-tier pocket watch to reach those numbers (not everyone is a pro-gamer)

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
I believe you should remove the stats requirements on all equipment. It will create a new extension of creative builds from players (example, a tank Chronomancer wearing a time warrior piece with a crazy roll of intelligence)

Pocket Watch Gears are limited to levels are really not good (I am kind to say that)

Having to reach such levels to wear gears is crazy and destroys the whole idea of flexibility for low levels who just want to try gears and new spells. Also, you keep nerfing the spells in those gears, we may one day just go without.

Idea 1:
no level requirements on the pocket watch gears and keep the current damage system

Idea 2:
level requirement based on rank (not level) and keep the current damage system

Idea 3:
Level requirements based on pocket watch level but scale the spell power based on the gear tier. Example, T2 fan of flame at lvl 10 should do less damage than T3 fan of flame at lvl 10. it will create a purpuse to farm each tier

Sorry for the long post, take care

2 Likes