Mystery Box Lesson Learned

I understand your intent to add Mystery Boxes was simply as a “bonus item” for early access pass holders. Unfortunately, it ended up confusing how Space will work making people ask “Will I need to buy a Time Warden for all my Spaces?” Then causing support ticket nightmare “Why have I not got my mystery box yet?”.

Worst of all though, because we have no information about how Time Wardens and Space will work, and what the difference of the common ones (bought in-game) and the Rare ones (obtained from Mystery Boxes) this lead to people speculating on the value of the Mystery Box and listing it in the Market Place for $500-900. We have no idea what the actual drop rate of these Rare Time Wardens will be when the game releases, what they will do, or how much better they will be than the “free” ones available in-game.

All of this could have been avoided, simply by not letting players put the “Bonus Item” up for sale on the Market Place.

Finally, I think the team should avoid adding NFTs that have a random chance of dropping certain rarities of items to the Marketplace, because it will become a gambling game, and people will gamble, and get hurt, and complain, and gambling on random NFT drops is not what anyone wants the Market Place to become. We should have details about what it is we are buying.

I think we can all accept this is a “Lesson Learned” and this kind of thing will be avoided in the future when the stakes are much higher.

-Blazo

2 Likes

I am glad you are not in charge… dont tell me what i can and cant do with my assets… are you part of the world economic forum?

1 Like

Huh? What are you talking about?

I personally don’t see the problem to let people sell the Mystery Boxes. It’s great to see that everyone is free to do what they want with their own NFTs. If you want to hold it and wait to open, it’s fine. If you prefer to sell it and get some profits, go ahead. If someone wants to speculate or gamble, it’s his/her problem and if they get hurt, it was their choice to do so.

Oh I agree. I guess them making the “Bonus Item” an NFT that gave a random chance to drop something that we have no details on was more the problem. I think they could have held out on that until more details were released, then it would not have lead to all the confusion. Also, the mystery boxes weren’t even dropping, so they didn’t even work, at least for the Silver Boxes. Clearly it was rushed and not well thought out or well done.

I totally agree we should be able to sell our NFTs, that was not the point of my thread, sorry you guys thought that’s what I was trying to say.

-Blazo

1 Like

yep, clearly they rushed on releasing the Mystery Boxes and we’re still missing details about many things, like how to get the Silver MB, how exactly will work the Time Wardens, Armouries and Forges, etc. We will need to wait a little more to get all of this info :slight_smile:

2 Likes