NFT Materials for Cosmetic Upgrades

In Full Release the drop rate of NFT cosmetics will be very low, this is a good thing to prevent the supply from flooding the market, but everyone will miss the very best part of the game, hearing that magical NFT drop sound and seeing the “NFT Looted” message on the screen.

What do you think about adding NFT Materials that are used in the recipe to upgrade some of the better looking cosmetics?

They could be of all different rarities (matching the rarity of the cosmetic that results in the upgrade), and would allow us to get NFT drops much more often because we would need a large supply of these NFT Materials.

I think this would be a good solution to the low drop rate of cosmetics in Full Release and allow everyone to experience that magical “NFT Looted” message much more often.

I know that when the group sees an NFT drop, they want to keep playing, it’s better than a cup of coffee! This would allow that to happen and do wonders for player retention.

-Blazo

6 Likes

I agree. Hearing and seeing NFT LOOTED Is a huge shot of dopamine to keep players playing. If we make this so rare we will lose players and I’ve already heard it. My two cents, don’t add any ingredients to the recipe that takes away from the gameplay. I see these floating Avatar rocks you can mine. If ore is part of the economy make it part of the gameplay. If you just run around and click on floating rocks endlessly all we will hear is ShadowBlade swooshes and tick, tick, tick everywhere we run. Drop ore from dead enemies or award it at end of missions based on player participation in game. Something connected to the gameplay mechanic. Don’t add Minecraft where it isn’t needed.

1 Like

Buck just leaked something that is similar to this NFT Materials idea. Not exactly the same but it should help make running dungeons and looting mobs more fun!

Artifact Fragments:
Players can now collect artifact fragments by looting enemies. These fragments can then be taken to the artifact merchant and exchanged for a chance at an NFT, or other items in return.

I hope there is a special sound/message that shows when these drop so they can’t be missed and to make them super fun and addicting to find like NFTs are. I love this addition, great work Big Time Team!

-Blazo

1 Like

The same effect can be applied for rare items though, like any other game. It doesn’t have to be the NFT drops. I think NFTs should stay super rare and valuable, but when you get a legendary item or another rare non-NFT item, add drop sounds and it will have the same effect.

1 Like

Feedback uploaded as a new feature to be reviewed. Thanks

1 Like