NFTs need an upgrade

Now I understand this is Early Access, and I am praying these are just placeholders, but the NFT cosmetics… the soul of the marketplace where the Big Time team will be making most of their profits is just lack luster. I mean the cosmetic armor sets are literally copies of the gear already in the game. The particle effects for Epics and Legendries just seem to have no effort in them. I would lov

e a response from the team on this subject. Thanks!

3 Likes

already mention… literally you coming in here and posting this is less effort than what went into the nfts…

Yeah, we are all waiting for the Big Time team to address this. Pretty important, yet we have heard nothing, a simple reply that they are working on overhauling and fixing this issue would go a long way.

-Blazo

1 Like

Confirmed they will be overhauling the cosmetics. That was pretty obvious but it was nice to get confirmed for peace of mind =)

-Blazo

1 Like

How’d you find out. What source?

Michael was in a Voice Chat and I asked him about this issue specifically since it is a valid concern and there are so many forum threads about it. I wanted to know for sure as well.

-Blazo

I can say with 100% certainty @Blazo is correct they will be updated and more is to come said in the AMA as well as before the AMA when Blazo asked.

We also heard there were certain “performance” issues that were preventing some of these updates, particle effects on cosmetics should be trivial to the speed the game runs, but I guess if everyone has a sword with flames shooting to the sky it could cause an issue. I think the real fix for performance is adding a “plane clipping” option, to shorten the distance you can see, because currently every player has to render everything as far as the eye can see and that would be the reason for performance issues.

Also, I think adding the ability to identify the cosmetic based on rarity is super important to give the “flex” status to people rocking them. Everyone should instantly know someone is wearing an Epic Cosmetic for example, that will drive the value considering there is no other utility.

With all that said, it was nice to hear they will continue to improve the look of cosmetics, and scale up the look of them based on rarity. That is something that needs to go out in an official news update and posted in the game client for everyone to read, because this is one of the top questions everyone has, for good reason.

-Blazo