Party invite indicators while in menus

Problem you’re trying to solve
Making parties can be cumbersome, often while people are waiting for a party they are checking vendors or inventory or skills and don’t see the initial invite. So people don’t know they have been invited so I as a party leader will continuously cancel party invite and resend them multiple times to try and catch someone while they are not in a menu or I miss an invite because I am in a menu.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
Doesn’t really make me feel any which way. It probably just needs some iteration and further development time. I often send many party invites and never get a response… Its typical to have to invite 3+ people to get 1 to accept or even decline.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
On-screen continuous indicators or sounds.

2 Likes

I have thought about it today.

I’m looking at the many objects that are in the store looking for one that works for me and suddenly, I hear a sound, someone has invited me to a group. So, I leave the seller to press “p” and see who has invited me, I see that it is a very low level and I continue looking at the seller. A few seconds later, they invite me again…

Possible solution:
The indicator message “xxxx has invited you to a party” should appear somewhere on the screen even if you are in inventory. It would also help to see the level of the player who invites you.

Another thing that bothers me about groups is that the key to accept a party is “alt” and the key to compare objects is the same, even in windows to change windows we use “alt+tab”, so many invitations are sometimes accepted unintentionally by having the same key for several uses.
I know I could change it, but it would be nice if it was something predefined in the game so that other players don’t have the same problem.