Player Collision

Problem you’re trying to solve
It’s more of a problem I think needs to be avoided in the future. While I was playing EQOA, also a game that had player collision on. There was a main area where people would gather, think Watertown but in a building. Well people got upset one day and were able to gather enough people to block all the entrances and exits. Meaning innocent players were either trapped inside or trapped outside and not able to get into sell or trade items with vendors etc. Now that game didn’t have fast travel like this one, so if you were trapped inside you could get out using current big time mechanics. However in big time you might unable to to get into a building with a key quest npc or something of the like if people were to protest.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
I love that there is collision in the game regarding attacks, but I worry about player movement collision being able to be exploited for nefarious reasons.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
Nope, I am not sure how fundamental to the game collision is. I guess that it is a fundamental belief of the game devs. Just wanted to tell a story of it being exploited in an old game. They ended up having to restart the server to get everyone out, but the whole event in the game lasted a few hours… It was a patch protest btw