Pocket Watch Rank requirements

Problem you’re trying to solve
I would like to propose a better solution for the Pocket Watch Rank requirements which are currently RNG

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
I personally find that Rank requirements are a great idea to push players to enjoy the whole game content. However, the RNG integrated into the PW requirements makes it senseless (in my opinion). It should be natural and logical.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
Idea 1:
set a certain rank requirement based on tier and rarity. let’s take the example of a tier 4 PW and go through each rarity:

• Common: requires rank 31
  • Uncommon: requires rank 32
  • Rare: requires rank 33
  • Epic: requires rank 34
  • Legendary: requires rank 35
  • Mythic: requires rank 36
  • exotic: requires rank 37
  • exalted: requires rank 38
  • transcendent: requires rank 39

Idea 2:
generate the requirements based on the roll stats in the PW and the included skill trees

2 Likes

I agree, RNG has no place in Pocket Watch rank requirements. Should be set and predictable so players know what to expect just as you described.

3 Likes

personally with both watches and bags I think they’re meant to be sorta rewards for grinding painful stuff so they should just be unlocked by tier and no further requirements, after all you’ll have to relevel them anyway, and well bags, having level requirements is just harsh considering storage and inv space is terrible in its current config