Skills/Abilities Overhaul

I believe they really need to look into balancing skills, its your entire game. If you were to release them as they are, there really is no true thought put into how they all perform. For me it is the amount of skills that have potential but then fail in performance. Turrets for example, Artillery does descent damage, slow fire rate it can get 1 shot, randomly disappears. The other turret, slow fire rate does no damage at all and still gets 1 shot. Both rarely used, at least let us place multiple turrets down to make up for the fact they get 1 shot. Another example Light Heal maxed out has more Healing Per minute than the Superior Heal, makes no sense. There are so many examples of this and it really needs to be looked at before full release.

2 Likes

Skill balancing needs some work, it would be nice to get a thread going on every skill for every class, and help them identify the skills that need to be fixed, buffed, or nerfed.

I only play Time Warrior at the moment, maybe someone from each Class can make a comment here with specifics on the skill they think needs to be fixed, buffed or nerfed?

-Blazo

1 Like

I would gladly put time into doing this if I thought the team would read through it.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you. Team needs to comment on some of these threads with good feedback so people know they are being heard. I have been doing this, just because I feel bad for people who take the time to post here, only to get 10 views and zero comments. I am thinking they are just busy with server stuff, and don’t want to be distracted with player feedback until they have that resolved.

I will continue to post in hopes they do start engaging with the community through the forums, since they are directing everything here. It’s very important we hear from them, even if it’s just an acknowledgement that they are reading the posts. They say they are… but if they are, a reply on the good threads letting us know would go a long way.

-Blazo

1 Like

On that exact point. This is a pertinent sound byte as a stop-gap:

So they are watching at least.

1 Like

I definitely agree - I play a chronomancer and overall I’m loving the gameplay and how many different abilities and builds that I can use. However, it falls short on the synergy across abilities. I’d like to see more of a rotation with the abilities, similar to other AAA mmo’s, instead of just spamming whichever ability is off cooldown.

A good example is how fire damage ignites on tar trap and does ticking damage - that’s cool. But we need more synergy within the class itself. For example - maybe using fire wall increases my crit chance with subsequent fire abilities. Also, active buff abilities would be cool - something that’s on a longer cooldown and increases my attack speed or damage during the duration.

Was good to hear Cisco! Also looks like the Contributor program they are rolling out may help with this and the head of community hire would be awesome. Just to calm the nerves of the players, would go a long way =)