Time Warrior needs to resist interruption

Problem you’re trying to solve
Time Warrior does not feel like a proper melee fighter because of constant interruption

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
Unstoppable shout obviously completely nullifies this for a time, but it should not be required to have some level of resistance against interruption.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
A passive TW skill to increase chance to ignore interruption from attacks and resist knockdown.

A redesigned defensive system with a combat usable block/parry (maybe the chronomancer would still get stuck using the current style turtle and pray block). This would add potential for related counterattack type skills as well.

1 Like

I disagree. TW is already OP enough, it can tank tons of damage, can stun nearby allies and has the unstoppable shout, I think TW has quite enough tools to deal with attack interrupts. Attack interruption incentivizes players to have some variety in combat style when playing the TW, so they dont just tank all the dmg while smashing hit all the time.

A better solution would be adding parry stance gameplay mechanics, where the TW could deflect incoming attacks and with proper timing do an unstoppable counterattack. That would be really fun, and the TW would not need to get in and out of a fight - but at the same time would still have to be mindful of attack interrupts.

I agree that a new defensive system is a better solution. And maybe TW is OP and needs a rebalance, but my main gripe was I don’t feel like a Warrior when my ability to attack is based on avoidance or unstoppable shout. Avoidance is what a Shadowblade should be doing, and having your ‘fight in a crowd’ ability tied to single cooldown skill doesn’t feel right to me.

The Warrior feels more like a skirmisher with temporary crowd fighting and burst crowd damage, which is fine, but I would like to make other styles of Warrior depending on my skill choices.