Tool tip for Gears

Problem you’re trying to solve
Often times people do not know what abilities are in sub trees for classes. Given the current bug with gears and ability points its dangerous to be swapping gears around to see the abilities they offer.

How you currently feel about this in-game and how you think you should feel
I guess frustrating to loot a gear and not know what abilities are on the sub-trees and how many levels it allows you to level it up.

Any ideas you have on how things could be improved, fixed, or add more fun to the experience
Make more informative tooltips for gears that show what abilities sub-trees offer, even if only by the name(s). Or possibly make all the skill trees for a class available in the skill tree tab through a multiple-choice checklist or something so people can plan their builds. Could even be a website feature, like a class build page where you can swap classes see all the potential trees and abilities and be able to play around with build points to plan out your builds. Even better would be to connect it to your character to see how your equipped gear would effect your stats on builds. Lots of room for options here on how to solve.

2 Likes

I like the idea.

I would add that sometimes it is difficult to know what the new skills are when putting a new gear (especially for new players who do not know the game), so it would be good if the talent tree indicated which gear each skill belongs to.

Hey @Fisban, thanks for the feedback! I went ahead and logged this in for the team to discuss!